PROTECH SYSTEMS was founded in May 1978 in South Gate, California by Jim and Mike Stephens, with the goal of becoming the industry leader in manufacturing all types of machine tool guarding.
Since then, PROTECH has experienced steady growth and industry respect as a result of offering economical and practical solutions to machine tool guarding and automation.
Gail Stephens bougth out Mike’s share of the company in 1994 and became the major shareholder and president of the company until 2012. Gail’s son Tim, came to the company in 1994 after several years in manufacturing and both Gail and Tim were leading PROTECH SYSTEMS until 2012.
In 2012 Jorge Rios with manufacturing and electro-mechanic industrial engineering experience, came on board as a new owner and CEO of PROTECH SYSTEMS, bringing new and innovative ideas, with the vision and commitment to take PROTECH SYSTEMS to the next level.
Company Goals, Values, and Beliefs
Our goal at PROTECH SYSTEMS is simple: extraordinary product quality and customer service. We accomplish this by observing a common set of values and by partnering with organizations that have the finest reputation for quality. There are no shortcuts; we believe that our goals are accomplished only with a real commitment from every employee.
Our values and beliefs require that we:
- Treat employees and colleagues with respect; PROTECH SYSTEMS does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
- Encourage all managers and supervisors to involve employees in creative problem solving.
- Provide consistent leadership and competent on-the-job training.
- Maintain an open-door policy that encourages interaction and discussion; encourage ideas to improve the workplace and increase productivity.
- Provide effective and efficient corrective action to resolve customer service issues and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Deliver competitive, outstanding service to our customers and partner with vendors who share that goal.
- Make “Do It Right the First Time” our team attitude to ensure continued growth and prosperity.